Do You Need a Baby Scale?
Weight is one of the important things to understand your baby’s growth. Soon after the baby forms in your womb, the doctor starts to measure the weight. They will estimate the baby’s size using the ultrasonic scan. Soon after the baby’s birth, the doctor estimates the weight of the baby within a couple of hours.
A health professional checks the weight of the baby on day 5 and day 10. This will continue for the first 6 weeks of life. If you want to check your baby weight at home you must buy a scale.
Reasons to weigh your baby
Parents need to check the baby’s weight. A health professional can suggest you take frequent weights of the baby. This will help them to see the baby’s growth without any hassle. Some parents want to weight their babies to get some peace of mind about the baby’s health. Let us see the reasons to weigh your baby.
- If there is a problem like significant weight loss of a baby after birth
- If parents face feeding challenges such as poor breast milk supply, etc.
- Sometimes, if the baby may feel difficult to swallow the breast milk or bottle milk
- Some babies may need feeding needs such as SNS, slow to feed, etc
- Some babies may suffer from chronic health conditions. Such conditions also affect the baby’s growth
- Some parents deliver premature babies that affect their growth
- Some babies may be on feeding plans. For such babies, there will be extra supplement milk than breastfeeding.
For all the above reasons, a doctor may suggest you take frequent weights of the baby.
Do you need a baby scale?
For taking frequent weights of your baby, you need a baby weighing machine. Such a baby scale helps to check the weight of the baby before and after breastfeeding. The difference between the two weights can help you to measure the milk intake. So, one can measure the baby’s milk intake using a baby scale.
Most lactation consultants use the baby scale to measure the baby’s milk intake. Most paediatricians use the baby scale to check the baby’s weight. Thus, one can check the baby’s weight and the baby’s milk intake using a baby scale.
To check the baby’s weight at home, you need a baby scale. Mothers should check the baby’s weight at home. After checking the baby’s weight, they should note it down. It will help them to notice the difference in the previous-noted weight of the baby. When they visit a health professional, they can show the note of the baby’s weight taken on different days. It will help a doctor to notice the baby’s growth.
There are various models available in the market, select the one which suits your requirement perfectly. So, parents need a baby scale to check the weight of the baby. They can even rent the baby scale for a few months. Parents can buy or rent the baby scale for measuring the baby’s weight.